Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

29 Week Pregnancy update

 Due date: He is still currently due October 25th, 2014.

How far along: 29 weeks! I'M FINALLY IN THE THIRD TRIMESTER :D


Size of baby: Chart says 2.5 pounds. but I'm reeeeallllly hoping that's a typo and that the baby is more like 25 pounds, because that would make me feel a lot better about this weight gain ;)

Maternity clothes: I found the best maternity leggings at Burlington Coat Factory on sale for $4.00 (I'm a huge cheapskate bargain shopper) I've been loving leggings, dresses and skirts. I bought some maternity jeans the other day, but it's still too hot for that nonsense. I'd rather just walk around in a swimsuit..... but that's awkward.


Weight Gain: I stopped looking at a scale a few weeks ago. It was making me too depressed, haha. My theory is that I will just do the best to eat healthy, and take care of my body, and the weight I gain is what is necessary for my chubby little boy to thrive, which is all that I care about :)
Sleep: This is still a real struggle. David calls me his tornado sleeper, because we will go to sleep in a nice straight covers bed, and wake up with like 3 pillows contorted around my body, 2 pillows on the floor, and blankets everywhere. I blame it on the baby, he's a kicker, and he keeps me moving!
Best moment this week: I HEARD HIS HEARTBEAT WITH MY OWN STETHOSCOPE! I'm going to Medical Assisting school, and one day in class I thought I would try and hear his heartbeat, and I found it within 10 seconds. I had just drank orange juice, and his heart rate was around 160 BPM. Now I check his heart rate almost everyday like a psycho stalker mom.


Movement: Constantly. He is hiccuping a ton (which is so cool, and sad at the same time).

I don't know what the kid is doing in there. He moves so much! I'll randomly feel a little foot/elbow/knee sliiiiiiide across my belly, and I always get excited. 
  Food cravings/aversions: I basically just crave all foods all the time... :) I seriously feel like I'm always hungry. But my favorite thing lately has been fruit, and whole wheat carbs. (Like the other day I was desperate for carbs, and I ate a plain whole wheat tortilla as I ran out the door, and I had to run back in to get more because it tasted so good... what the heck?)
Gender: stilllllll a boy (at least I hope so...)

Labor signs: I've been having Braxton Hick contractions for about 8 weeks now. Which are "practice contractions." They don't really hurt, they are just really uncomfortable at first, and then I can't breathe very well until I switch positions. 
  Belly button - in or out?: This little sucker is mostly still in, but if I have eaten a big meal, or laugh really hard, it pokes half-way out. My sister in-law told me that the baby isn't done "cooking" until the belly button pops out (that's my timer) :'D
 
What I miss: Not having Acid Reflux, not having back pain, and not having to waddle :)

and being able to go in a HOT hot tub. Also, being able to stand up by myself without having David help me up, and me grunting like an old fat guy.
 
What I am looking forward to: My baby shower next weekend! I can't wait to see a bunch of awesome people that I haven't seen in a while. Also, I'm obviously excited to have my baby in 10 weeks.

Any scary moments the past 9 weeks?: 
I layed out on the pool for a little while the other day, and didn't think I was going to get any color. I thought that my black Tankini would be too hot for him (dummy), so I lifted it up while I layed on the pool lounger for a half hour, and the next day my tummy was BRIGHT red. I felt so bad :( 

Also, I have been having episodes of really low Iron spells, where my levels are so low that I act like a zombie, and I can't keep my eyes open. But if I consistently take my iron pills, all is well. Other than that, not much. I mean, I am constantly worrying about him, but I feel very, very blessed.


Funny moments I want to remember:
  • I work in an Alzheimer's Unit, and my residents are so funny about me being pregnant. Every time I go to work, I (re)tell them that I am pregnant, and they get so excited for me each time, poke my belly, and ask me the same questions over and over again. Last month, I pointed to my belly out to one of my residents and said "Joe look, I'm pregnant!" and he goes "Oh crap. It's not mine right?" :'D hahaha!
  • At our family reunion my little nephew Andrew was really fascinated with my belly. One morning I was wearing a tighter shirt and he pats my belly and says "I think you might be stretching your shirt out." The next day he was just staring at my belly, so I knew something good was coming, and he says "Do people know you're pregnant, or do you think they just think you're fat?" ha, bless him. 

Any purchases for baby?: So many purchases, I love it! Seriously I love shopping for him WAY more than for myself. Again, I am a big bargain shopper, so I have found some really cute stuff on the Sale racks at Target and Old Navy. I found him the cutest tiny little shoes. David thinks baby shoes are pointless, but I'll prove him wrong, don't you worry. I got him his "First Christmas" outfit and his "First Halloween" outfit :) Still don't have ANY of the little necessities, but we'll get to that ;) I have done a lot of shopping around and have most of the things we want picked out, but we don't really want to store them in our little apartment until it's time for the little guy to actually use them. 


 Current pregnancy symptoms:
  • Back pain: We drove to Idaho last weekend and I had to put a  pillow under my bum the whole drive. And I can't sit for too long without my tailbone feeling like it's going to split in half.... trying to brace myself because I know it will only get worse!
  •  At about 24 weeks I started feeling nauseous again :( Not as bad as first trimester, but I have thrown up a few more times the past few weeks.
  • Acid Reflux: Still pretty wicked. It isn't constant though, it comes and goes. But I have officially gone through a whole bottle of Tums which I didn't think was possible.
  • Braxton Hicks
  • Hungry all the time
  • I have to pee like every hour. This little boy uses my bladder as a trampoline, bless his bouncy little heart.
  • Nesting: This is real you guys. A couple of weeks ago I borrowed my sisters carpet steamer, and it was the most therapeutic thing ever sucking up all that dirt. I was in heaven. (so weird) And I have been really OCD about trying to keep my house clean (which if you know me, is also SO weird)
  • Pregnancy brain: Also not a myth. I have lost count on all the times that I will walk into a room to get something, and I will just stand there for a minute having no idea what I'm doing. It's awkward.
I hope this doesn't sound like I'm complaining too much! This was really long, but I just want to remember everything. I am LOVING being pregnant, it is such an adventure, and such a miracle! Thanks for reading :)







2 comments:

  1. Im due one week after you, maybe we'll go at the same time! I have a tip-- stash tums in your hospital bag because i had the acid reflux bad during pregnancy and the worst during labor and it took them like 3 hours to bring me a freaking tums.and they probably charged me $15 for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! I swear we are the same person, I relate with SO much of this haha! You look great though, and I'm getting so excited to meet our little guys next month!!

    ReplyDelete